RAM- Means Random Access Memory.It means Read only memory. through RAM your computer stores information for the running programs installed on Windows operating system. If your computer Working slowly, Then may be a possible reason high consumption of RAM.Now RAM(Memory)and hard disk(Space) are two different things. You can easily see how much information you have stored on your computer.But to check computer RAM, such a tough procedure.
Here going to share with you How Much RAM Available on your System.
What is RAM ??
RAM – Random Access Memory is the Hardware in a computing device where the Application,Software and OS in current use are stored. It is main memory of computer but temporary memory. Even you can say Short Term Memory.
Ram memory is unstable memory.Once your Computer is shut down all data from RAM will be erased.
When we Start any Application like Microsoft Word.firstly it is loaded from SSD on the Hard drive of your computer to the RAM and then executed on CPU.
How to Check How Much RAM Available in System:
- Press Windows Key + Pause Break Key to open The System Windows.
- You can also find from My Computer make a right click on it and now select Properties .
System Property will be opened.
- If you have Windows 10 on your system then Go to The Notification bar ,Right Click on it and then Go to ALL Setting .Now search the System Section and display information application and Power option.click on it.Now go to About option of your Windows.
Check RAM Details using Command Prompt -CMD
If you want to check details about your installed RAM,Speed Capacity of each and every module.then you can go through command prompt method.
- Open Command prompt of your windows by just click Windows + R ley.Now type CMD Admin and press enter.
- Now Type wmic MEMORYCHIP get BankLabel,DeviceLocator,Capacity,Speed
- Press Enter to Process. It Will take some time and show RAM Usage.You wil found total 4 column there.
- The First Column -Bank Level: column will display the Slots of the Installed RAM in your system.
- Second Column – Capacity: will shows how large individual module related your windows.
- Third Column -Device Locator: will show you the Location of RAM where it is Installed.
- Forth Column -Speed: will show you how much speed of your computer will comes from each Module.